1. Christopher Reynolds, the first known of the Reynolds family was born 1530, in County Kent, England. He married and settled in London, where he and his sons engaged in trade and commerce. A study of early English records indicate that he had a brother Nathaniel Reynolds, also engaged with his company. He had a sister Dorothy, who married William Tilghman (Tillman) who was a son of Julian Tilghman. The record of the Tilghman family is available in the D.A.R. library and the Library of Congress. The names of the children of Christopher and his wife are known completely. They are as follows, but are not listed in order of birth. George; Christopher; Mary; John; Thomas; Richard, born 1575; Robert; William; and several daughters.
2. George Reynolds, a son of Christopher Reynolds, was born 1555, County Kent, England, and died 1634, London England; married 1/20/1588. At Thomaslyn Church, and settled in London and elsewhere his data was partially his will. His children settled in Virginia. The New England States. His children are: Thomas and John, twins; born 1590; Robert, born 1586; Anne; Christopher, born 1611; and several others.
3. Christopher Reynolds, son of George, born 1611, Gravesend, England, and died 1654, Isle of Wright County, Virginia. Married Elizabeth ???. Data is from his will. They arrived Warrick Co. Va. in 1622 on a ship called the "Francis and John". They settled there on 450 acres, patent to which was made 9/15/1636. Their children: Richard born 1641; Christopher B: 1642; John born 1644, died 3/11/1668. Abbasha B: 1646; Elizabeth B: 1648; Jane B: 1650; Thomas B: 1655.
4. Richard Reynolds, son of Christopher, born : 1641, Isle of Wright Co. Virginia. died 7/27/1711. Newport Parrish, Va. Data from his will. Married Elizabeth Sharpe. His children: Richard, born: 1669: Christopher, born, 1670; and Sharpe, died 7/8/1754
5. Richard Reynolds, son of Richard, born, 1669 of Wright Co. Va. He was married in 1694, to Mary Anderson, and settled in King William Co. Va. Cildren: William; James, born 1715; Thomas born 1716; David born 1720; and Barbara married 1/20/1748.
6. James Reynolds, son of Richard, born 1715, Surry Co. Va. He was married in 1748, to Sukie Lindsey and settled in Caroline Co. Va. Children: Richard Spencer, born 1749; George, born 1750; Jesse David, born 1754; David; Robert; William; Bernard, born 11/12/1763